Frosted Gingerbread Protein Cookies
Who doesn't love cookies? Around the Christmas holiday, you see them every where in all shapes, sizes, varieties and they are hard to avoid. All that sugar just waiting to add to your waistline. What if we offered you a low calorie high protein solution? Enter Plant JYM Oatmeal Cookie flavor. Use this easy to follow protein cookie recipe and rejoice in the holiday tradition without the extra calories.
- ¼ cup (30g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup sweetener (any sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar)
- 1 tsp gingerbread spice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 scoop (38g) Plant JYM, oatmeal cookie flavor
- 1 whole egg (or 1 flax egg)
- ¼ cup (56g) light butter (or vegan butter)*
- ⅓ cup (75g) vanilla yogurt**
- ½ scoop (19g) Plant JYM, Oatmeal Cookie flavor
- 2 tbsp red sugar sprinkles (or other Christmas sprinkles)
*Light butter has just 4g fat per serving. Regular butter or coconut oil can also be used but will increase fat and calories.
**Any yogurt can be used. Frosting has the best flavor with a vanilla Greek yogurt. Vegan yogurt can also be used. Add a little bit of sweetener if using a plain yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Add flour, sweetener, salt, gingerbread spice, and protein powder to a bowl. Mix. Add egg and light butter. Slowly mix together until a dough forms.
- Place dough in the fridge for 30 mins or freezer for 15 minutes to chill. This will make it easier to roll into balls before baking. Bake at 350F for 8-10 minutes. It is better to leave them slightly underbaked.
- Once cookies are baked, let completely cool (can place in fridge or freezer to speed this up).
- Mix together yogurt and protein powder to make the frosting. Can add extra sweetener if using plain yogurt and not a vanilla yogurt.
Yield: 4 cookies
Nutrition (per cookie w/o frosting): 120 calories, 9 protein, 8 carbs, 6 fat
Nutrition (per cookie w/ frosting): 150 calories, 13 protein, 10 carbs, 6 fat