Have your pie and eat it, too! This recipe is the best of both worlds: it actually tastes like pumpkin pie (because of the pumpkin puree used), but it’s much cleaner than the typical kind and is also packed with protein (thanks to Pro JYM). Call on this recipe to curb your cravings throughout the holiday season… and beyond.
- 2 scoops (72g) Pro JYM, Tahitian Vanilla Bean
- 1 can (425g) pumpkin puree
- 2 whole eggs
- ½ cup (120mL) nonfat, unsweetened, evaporated milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120g) sweetener (Swerve or any other that measures 1:1 with sugar by weight)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 frozen pie crust
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Whisk together pumpkin puree, eggs, evaporated milk, and vanilla extract. Add protein powder, sweetener, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk again until smooth.
- Pour into your pie crust. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes, turn heat down to 350F, and bake for another 25-30 minutes.
- Center will still be a bit jiggly straight out of the oven. Let completely cool (can refrigerate to speed this up). Once cooled, cut into 8 slices and enjoy!
Yield: 8 slices
Nutrition (per slice): 160 calories, 10 protein, 18 carbs, 5 fat, 4 sugar