- ¾ cup (90g) all purpose flour
- 2 ½ scoops (90g) Pro JYM, Banana Bread protein powder
- ¼ cup (50g) sweetener*
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 large (250g) ripe bananas, mashed
- ⅔ cup (150g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (120g) liquid egg whites (or about 3 egg whites)
- ¼ cup (56g) light butter, melted**
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (60g) chocolate chips
- Extra banana for the top
*Any sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar can be used. Swerve, an erythritol-based sweetener, is a great one that can be found in most grocery stores.
**Regular butter or oil can be used instead of light butter, but will contain higher calories and fat. Light butter can be found near the regular butter in most grocery stores.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Add flour, protein powder, sweetener, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon to a large bowl. Mix.
- In a separate bowl, mash bananas. Add Greek yogurt, egg whites, melted light butter and vanilla extract. Mix.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and gently stir together until a smooth batter forms. Add chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Line a 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper (or spray with nonstick spray). Pour batter into dish. Top with an extra sliced banana.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until a knife comes out clean. Check at 30 minutes so that it does NOT overbake and dry out.
- Once baked, let cool and then cut into 10 slices. Eat as is or top with peanut butter and/or other desired toppings. Store in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 5 days. It’s great when reheated in the toaster!
Yield: 10 slices
Nutrition (per slice): 150 calories, 10 protein, 18 carbs, 5 fat