Cookies & Cream Protein Balls
When it comes to protein powders, there are several different ways to use Pro JYM aside of your typical protein shake. Try this easy-to-follow recipe to make protein balls (aka truffles) with relative ease. Have one any time you're craving something sweet but don't want to wreck your marcos, or even take them on the road as a healthy snack instead of settling for gas station junk food. Enjoy!
- 1½ scoops (57g) Cookies & Cream Pro JYM
- ¼ cup (30g) coconut flour
- 2 tbsp (20) granular Erythritol sweetener*
- ½ cup (113g) reduced fat cream cheese, softened**
- ¼ cup (60mL) unsweetened almond milk (or preferred milk)
- 2 crushed Oreo cookies
- 1 tbsp melted chocolate (for topping)
Notes*You can use any sweetener that measures 1:1 with sugar. Swerve is a popular brand that can be found on Amazon or in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
**For lower calories, fat-free cream cheese can be used.
- Add protein powder, coconut flour, and sweetener to a large bowl. Mix.
- Add softened cream cheese and almond milk. Fold together until a thick, cookie dough texture is formed.
- Place dough in the freezer to chill for about 30 minutes (optional but makes rolling into balls easier). Once chilled, roll into 6 balls.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over the top of the protein truffles. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 balls/truffles
Nutrition (per ball/truffle): 135 calories, 9 protein, 8 carbs, 7 fat